About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, May 2, 2014

5 on Friday

It's true.  I don't like strawberries.
Unless, they are local and freshly picked.  
Guess what we're doing tomorrow?

Yep.


My little one broke her toe.  This doesn't work well for walking, not to mention dancing in pointe shoes.  After looking at the x-ray the nurse practitioner announced, "Yep, it's broke."  I cringed.  Mainly because she didn't say, "It's broken."


We discovered these precious ones the other day.  Actually, our cat found them first.:(  Praying the mommy comes back.


Frappuccino Happy Hour at Starbucks.  May 1-10th from 3-5 PM.  I plan my day around it.  Doesn't everyone?  Caramel Light Frappe is only 140 calories and YUM.  My girls tried a Vanilla Bean the other day with a pump of hazelnut.  Tasted just like Birthday Cake.  
You're welcome.


Free shipping in my shop this weekend.  Still a few pretties left.


What do you have planned for this weekend?

5 comments:

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh, I cracked up that you were more upset about the "broke toe" rather than broken! I get it, having worked as an editor! Am sorry about your daughter, though. Hope it heals quickly. Our native Michigan strawberries are the best; so much better than those shipped California strawberries that look like they're on steroids and are tasteless!

Tristan said...

poor katie! I hope it heals as soon as possible!!

I keep meaning to do the five on Friday!!

I am...staying in AGAIN this weekend..ahhhhhhhhhh. haha..good thing I have some sweet company, and hopefully she is well by next weekend!

Julia said...

Que bonito post, me he paseado por tu bloc y me ha encantado, te invito a ver el mio, estamos celebrando el dia de la madre, y si te gusta y no eres seguidora espero que te hagas ahora, gracias por visitarme. FELIZ DIA DE LA MADRE💐Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

Rho said...

Hey Lori!

I hope Katie is feeling better soon! My plans for the weekend were pretty awesome. Friday, I just watched a lot of anime and I'm sure Mandy can relate with me on that note. Saturday I had went to my photography class and worked on a few prints for a project we are currently working on. Sunday I went to church and hung out with my friends afterwards.

-Rhoda

P.S.- We also had gotten new neighbors a couple days ago.

M.K. said...

You make me giggle with your Grammar Cringing! So funny! I would cringe too. I adore strawberries, but don't much like watermelon. Each to her own!! I hope your little one is better soon. Is she a ballerina? I'm sorry!!