About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Monday, January 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Decor without Spending a Penny


Spreading love around the house doesn't have to cost a lot.  Use what you have.  Challenge yourself!

1- Use color and sparkle from Christmas!  These ornaments were tickled to bits to be able to show off a bit longer and the darling British flag ornament (from my sweet sister, Lindsay) is in the shape of a heart!


2- Red is such a fabulous color.  Don't limit yourself to hearts.  This mug is filled with Christmas ornament keys!


          3- Cupid!  Tiny accent pieces are a wonderful 
    addition to collections.


     4- Show off your creations!  Whether you sew, 
  dabble in paper arts, love photography, etc. now 
  is your time to shine.  Save yourself some money
  and "shop" at home!


             5- Display things that make you smile.  Just
      add a little bit of love.:)


       6- Make a swag with fabric you have been 
    saving for a rainy day.  Rope, fabric and a 
    good movie (Crazy, Stupid Love!) will get 
    you one of these lovelies...


                    7- You don't have to decorate the whole 
          house.  Just have fun and enjoy yourself.


                        8- More Christmas balls in a bird cage! 
                Why not? 


         9- These cupids were 1/2 price at a Dollar
    Store.  50 cents!  I brought them home and 
    glittered them up!  (Fabulous heart table 
    runner created by my dear friend, Joy!)


  Feel free to share the love with me!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!


10 comments:

April said...

What great ideas, Lori! Of course, you could make a paper sack look amazing! :)

Tristan said...

valentines day is one of those holidays i have the hardest time decorating for..haha!
i am going to order the warmer of the month from scenty because it is valentines day!!! i will always have it to pull out and i have a tiny sign and then i always put up window clings!

your decor looks just amazing,as always..and that baby picture is toooo adorable!

michelle edwards joy said...

Thanks for the inspiration. It feels drab in the house after taking the Christmas decor down. We will decorate for Valentines Day!!

Sherri said...

Lori, these were all wonderful ideas! Thanks for sharing with us! Love the pictures in some of the photos!

Anonymous said...

That is so true..... just something little and festive, huh?

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
What wonderful ideas. Everything looks great. I love how you have adapted your decorations so you can continue to use them even after Christmas. You are SO clever.
I do have something to share. It's a red felt heart ornament with buttons. I made it too late to give anyone for Christmas but after reading your post I think it would be ideal for Valentines Day too. I'll e-mail you a picture.
Lindsay
x

Robin Beck said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

The Blogger said...

Those are such cute decoration ideas for Valentines Day!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

How cute. You want to come decorate my house? I might have to clear the clutter out first. I so want a Valentine's wreath this year. I loved the one Robin had on her blog......

Peggy said...

Cute, cute!