About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Secret of the Missing Locket by Deborah M. Lott





   I love a good mystery and this book is a new favorite! My 8 year old daughter and I read The Secret of the Missing Locket by Deborah M. Lott together and loved it! It has the perfect combination of suspense, action and mystery and the setting is fabulous! Who wouldn't love exploring an old mansion- especially if it held secrets and was possibly haunted! The storyline was very enjoyable. 12 year old April Mathews discovers an old diary written by her great, great grandmother.  The pages reveal an unsolved mystery as well as a tragedy and family secrets. The adventure has begun! Eerie dreams and the time element (will the locket be found in time to?) add to the fun. I would recommend this book for ages 8-12 year olds- both boys and girls (the main character has a sidekick who is a boy). Suspenseful but not scary.  My daughter begged me to read it every night!  I hope Deborah Lott writes more mysteries- soon!


The Secret of the Missing Locket can be found here and here for only 99 cents!  Great book for family story time!


Thanks for letting me review your book, Deborah!:)



3 comments:

April said...

I always enjoyed reading mysteries when I was a young girl...many moons ago! Reading stories with my girls is one of my favorite memories...relish in every second that you can! Have a great day, Lori!

Sheri said...

We loved it too. You are a good mamma. :)

Tristan said...

how fun..im excited to read chapter books with t-a someday!